This week starts the meat of most conference schedules. The last week in September is indeed the most important week in September, some teams have succeeded expectations, such as Vanderbilt, Alabama, and BYU. Others, like Ohio State, West Virginia, and Clemson, have found a way to disappoint. Last week was a good week to be a couch potato, but this one will be a better weeks. These games of the week will go a long way to determine conference and national titles.
1) Alabama at Georgia- Alabama has not beaten Georgia since 1994. Most games involving these two have been classic. This one is sure to not disappoint either. UGA is going on a blackout for this game. I would love for the Tide to come out with the white helmets in this one. Expect Georgia to win a close one.
2) Illinois at Penn State- JoePa is proving this year that even though he may not be able to stand for a whole game, boy can he and his staff still coach em up. Ron Zook needs a second signature win. That will not happen this week.
3) TCU at Oklahoma- does TCU pull off the inevitable again? Last time they played OU in '05, they won in Norman. They also lost to SMU that year, but that was taken care of last week. TCU will keep it a game but Sooners in the end.
4) USC at Oregon State- 5 words: USC needs to win this. 2 words: they will.
5) Wisconsin at Michigan- This would right Michigan's season. However, Wisconsin still has a chance to be undefeated and win the Big Ten. Expect the Big Badgers to dominate Big Time in the Big House!